It’s a fact that all of us want to save money on our shopping. So in this article we recommend you the best outlets in the UK, in places from Somerset to Scotland. The discounts they offer are well worth it, even if you might have to leave your current city to do the shopping.
In these outlets you will find clothes for men, women and children ranging, some more ‘casual’ and some from renowned designers (Hugo Boss, Calvin Klein…), as well as household items, books, toys and beauty products. Most products are from previous seasons, but who cares when the price is so reduced. You can buy a pair of pants that cost £100 last summer and are now half price. And if you go shopping with your family and you do not want to be bored while you wait for them, most of the outlets have different services: cinema, playground, restaurants, cafes, free WiFi… There is no reason not to go!
1. Mulberry Factory Shop
Located in Somerset, the Mulberry Factory Shop sells a good selection of bags with 30 to 50 percent off the regular prices you find in stores. It’s perfect if you’re looking for a bag for a special occasion or need one for a gift.
2. Aquascutum Factory Shop
This might be the best design trade in London. In the new store Aquascutum you can find great deals: elegant suits and classic, spotless apparel with up to 30 percent off. A luxury jacket can cost £70. You can even find a good selection of accessories and golf equipment.
3. Dr Martens Doc Shop
The creators of the classic bovver boot sell stock out of season in London. Current styles include patent and floral prints. Here you will pay £25 and £35 for a pair, instead of the usual £90.
4. Clarks Village
This popular shopping site in Somerset has over 90 designer brands with discounts of up to 60 percent. Brands include Loake shoes for men, Adidas, Levi’s, Osprey and Jaeger London, as well as household items with discounted classic brands like Denby, Le Creuset and Wedgwood.
5. John Smedley Mill Shop
This company is located in the heart of lush Derbyshire, near the historic 200-year-old mill. They have a huge variety of clothing up to 60 percent off. You can pay £35 for a sweatshirt.
You can find discounts from 30 to 70 percent. You’ll find real bargains out of season.
7. Bicester Village
This outdoor place of attractive discounts lies in Oxfordshire, about an hour’s drive from London, and is a magnet for shoppers worldwide. It has luxury brands, including Paul Smith, Burberry, Diane von Furstenberg and Vivienne Westwood, at greatly reduced prices. Lulu Guinness is the latest addition (specifically, as of May 12, 2013), with its iconic designer bags at a 30 percent discount.
8. Burberry Factory Shop
This storage space has items at 50% off.
9. Pringle of Scotland
This brand was established in the old sports pub Duke of Wellington, and has become a destination for luxury knitwear and beautiful leather goods.
Other outlets in the UK
– The Galleria Outlet Centre in Hatfield, Hertfordshire
– Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth Harbour
– Designer Outlet Swindon, Wiltshire
– Wilton Shopping Village in Salisbury, Wiltshire
– Kilver Court Designer Village in Shepton Mallet, Somerset (near Bath and Bristol)
– Designer Outlet Ashford, Kent
– Freeport Braintree, Essex
– Common Clacton Factory Shopping Village Clacton on Sea, Essex
– From Bradelei Wharf in Dover
– East Midlands Designer Outlet in South Normanton, Derbyshire
– Freeport Talke, in Cheshire / Staffordshire
– Spaulding Springfields Outlet Shopping near Springfields Festival Gardens, in Spaulding, Lincolnshire
– From Bradelei Mill Shops in Belper, Derbyshire
– Courtaulds Factory Shop in Nottingham
– Gloucester Quays Designer Outlet near Historic Gloucester Docks, Gloucester Ship Canal
– York Designer Outlet Village, near the city of York
– Lakeside Village Outlet Centre in Doncaster
– The Mill at Bately in Yorkshire
– Lowry Outlet Mall Salford Quays in Manchester
– Junction 32, Castleford, West Yorkshire
– Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet Ellesmere Port, South Wirral; the largest designer outlet in the UK, with 145 stores
– Freeport Fleetwood, in Fylde Coast, near Blackpool
– K Village Kendal, Cumbria
– Royal Quays Outlet Centre in North Shields, near Newcastle
– Freeport Hornsea in East Yorkshire
– Designer Outlet Livingston, in West Lothian, between Edinburgh and Glasgow
– Sterling Mills Outlet Shopping Village in Tillicoultry, Clackmannanshire, Central Scotland
– Gretna Gateway Outlet Village, Glasgow Road in Gretna, near the famous Old Blacksmith Shop
– Bridgend Designer Outlet in South Wales
– Festival Park Branded Outlet Shopping Village in Ebbw Vale, Gwent
Where are you going to do your shopping?